Saturday, January 14, 2006

I challenge You.

A few centuries ago, it would've been quite easy to instil divine fear into tribesmen who had not chosen to improve their lifestyle through trade or mechanical and technological means. Fire a gun or explode some fireworks - and *bang* you're already their God. We can understand their reaction. Humans tend to attribute things that they do not understand to higher and therefore incomprehensible powers.

Most of you reading this are no better than those primitive tribesmen. Maybe even more stupid. I don't think even 1% of you have ever witnessed an event which could not be scientifically explained. Still, you believe. You've been raised - brainwashed - to believe, without asking yourself questions.


What you have to say:

"But God SAVED ME! I was locked up inside a crashing airplane's toilet and my butt was blowing diarrhoea while everything on the plane was on flames. I still survived! Is that not a miracle?"

What I have to say:
"No, shithead. Had you died, you wouldn't be bragging about God picking you out of everybody on the airplane. But you survived, and we have to bear your stupid thoughts."

What you have to say:
"I had prostate cancer, and I had only 1% chances of survival. Even if I'm missing a ball, I'm alive and well! Isn't that a miracle? Didn't God SAVE ME?"

What I have to say:
"Out of 100 patients, 99 died, and you survived. Out of the next 100 patients, 99 will die again, and yet another dickhead will survive. You're just statistics. Bitch."

Religion is like Santa Claus. However, there's nobody to tell us that God doesn't exist.

I must still applaud all the religions around the world - they are the best and oldest organisations around. They self-regenerate themselves in terms of members, brainwashing everyone and giving valid or partially-valid philosophical answers to many questions. In many cases, they give a sense to life.

Religions are here to make us forget the fact that after we permanently lose the illusion of consciousness, we return to our most basic form: matter without intelligence. Very few of us are ready to accept this, and it is somewhat comforting for the weaker and dependant minds.

No comments: