Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Literature of Sarcasm

Definition of sarcasm (wikipedia) : Sarcasm is sneering, jesting, or mocking a person, a situation or thing. It is often used in a humorous manner and sometimes expressed through particular vocal intonations. Sarcasm is often expressed in ironical statements. It can sometimes be the sincerest form of discourse for the emotionally fragile. This is often done by simply over-emphasizing the actual statement, or particular words of it.

Rowan: I'm listening to local Mauritian music
Mandy: amazing

It was a day like any other. A few of the cash-out terminals were closed at the local Spar and tourists dressed up with dumb-ass hawaiian-style shorts with flowers (note: nobody will doubt your sexuality or clothing tastes if you're wearing shorts with sunflowers in a tropical country) were queueing up to pay for their stuff.

There was an old man behind me, staring at what I had bought. Bread, canned tuna, cheese - and a huge roasted chicken. I could already feel his questionning eyes going from the chicken to my face - my face, and then the chicken. What he was thinking, I already knew.

- "Sorry mo cousin, mais to enne Indien toi?"

And there we go. Again. Yes, I look like an indian guy - oh wait - I'm one. Like 40% of the local population. I could feel something inside of me, some kind of hot lava boiling, producing thick black bubbles of sarcasm. Bursting on the surface and liberating green mortal sarcastic fumes, feeding my brain some of the most luciferous replies. It was the fasting period, for the believers. No meat, no fish, no shit. Sierra Mike Delta, n00b.

I hate the holier-than-thou attitude. Be it with your fucking O/S or your religion. No, I don't believe in God; I think it's really stupid to. I don't believe that God monitors what you eat (or shit for that sake), he doesn't have food-sniffers installed on us, reporting any ingestive activities.

Yes, old man. I am an indian guy. However, because of my upbringing, I eat pretty much everything. I enjoy weekly satanic rites and I have bat's balls drying on top of my house. Excellent food, I must say. I also eat human flesh while you fast, to balance out good and evil in the world. Would you like to join me tonight?

My eyes suddenly flashing with a strange light made the old man swallow back his thoughts.

Say it, just say it! The wolf wants the lamb tonight...

It was my turn. I smiled at the woman, and she smiled back. I kicked everything in a plastic bag, paid with cash, and strolled away, a strange light still lit in my eyes.

No comments: