Saturday, October 29, 2005

The Girl From Domaine Anna

He wasn't elaborately dressed. He was wearing a pair of bermuda shorts and a simple black T-shirt. However, he had paid particular attention to his hair and had shaved himself prior to this mission. He was standing right in front of Suresh's shop in Flic-En-Flac, and from where he was, the sky was all green from the small leaves of the great tree right in front of him. He was waiting, and his heart was beating slightly faster. His eyes were straying from left to right, lingering a bit longer on the right corner near to the clothing shop.

Someone appeared. His iris contracted, and his pupil shrank. His endocrine system reacted, and spurted various chemicals inside of his body, making his heart beat even faster, and the hair on his arms stand on an end.

I came round the corner and saw him standing in front of Suresh' shop, looking breathless. I smiled and walked up to him. He seemed happy to see me, but something in his eyes betrayed an immense deception.

- Hey, wassup buddy?
- Oh, nothing much.

He could barely speak. He was overwhelmed with emotion.

"You waiting for someone?" I inquired. His eyes shifted from the leaves of the great tree to the ground, and then to the left and finally on my feet.

"Nah, not really," he said.

"Ah. Okay," I said, while I pressed my back against the column and stared at him. Something was wrong.

- Okay, here's the deal. I'm waiting for this really cute girl, and I just can't get myself to talk to her.
- I know the girl?
- You don't know any girls living in here, you bell-end.

Although his comment felt like an arrow in the heart, it was kind of true. I didn't know any girl from around here. In fact, I knew only a bunch of folks living in Flic-En-Flac.

- So she lives in here, eh?
- Yeah
- Would it be that girl by the way?

A slim figure had appeared round the corner. She was dressed in a pink top and black trousers. She had short hair and was pretty fair. The rosy umbrella she was carrying would've made her look like a normal person in the crowd, but she was nonetheless beautiful and extremely feminine.

My friend's jaw had dropped, and I feared his foolish expression might ruin his chances - if he had any. The girl walked right underneath the great tree, and sat down. She was right in front of us, but she hadn't noticed the two guys watching her.

- Stop staring at her like that.
- Shit man. She's cute, isn't she?
- Yeah she is. Go talk to her, else I'll write about it in my blog.

He stared at me with menacing eyes. The threat of having his mission failure laid out on the internet was sort of motivating.

- Okay, dude, help me out. What do I say? How do I begin the conversation?
- Just go there, and talk. I dunno, say something interesting. Tell her you like her umbrella.
- Fuck, fuck, fuck!

He placed his hands in his pocket, and I saw his eyes focus on her. He was going for the kill. I hoped he wasn't really going to tell her he liked her umbrella.

A white van with the "Domaine Anna" logo printed on the side stopped right between him and the girl. The object of all his desires rose and climbed in the van. I felt really sorry for my friend. The van drove away, and I could see him standing there, frozen. I walked up to him and patted his back.

- There's more fish in the sea, dude. I'll go back home and make a new post on my blog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is so very bad
fuck man
c presque pitoyable
koike li ti p al esayer
cc la ki recomfortan
wat if shes a prostitute?
lol
i thk im going nuts
c ya
i really realt have 2 talk 2 man
or ill go crazy

Anonymous said...

lol i read this post 5 months back and i noticed at that time that you were not postin after a lot of months. i just wasinterested by that story even if its dated years back!u knw man am wrkin at domaine anna and i can tell you that the van pick no more in flic en flac!and most problably the driver has now left his job. if you read this i would like you to add me on mistersensiblewanttoliveforever@hotmail.com so thatwe can have some clarification on the identity of this girl!

Anonymous said...

hi dude sorry i ddn't left u msg about the story on email,but its jst dat i lost my passwords.just want to let you knw that i told her about the story,and she said dat she already read it some years back,it was not new for her,and dats all!