Monday, August 21, 2006

Sunflower's Engagement

I dunno how she did it - but she did it. After several months of bitchin' the world about Kevin, she finally got engaged! Aveisha - I'm so happy for you! Kevin - I'm so sorry buddy.

First of all, this was no ordinary engagement party. It was Aveisha's. A huge tent had been installed outside, and 100-150 chairs had been arranged for the guests. Everybody ('cept for probably me) was neatly dressed and a notice reading "Please dump the toilet paper in the bin provided. If you don't want to dump it, swallow it" was stuck inside the toilet.

Aveisha's engagement is the beginning of a pattern that might last for several more years - friends getting engaged and married, one after the other. Pretty soon, they'll start having kids, and their kids will get married and... well, anyway -

I finally met Kevin. I spent a few minutes talking to him and I can say that I was rather surprised. Aveisha's definitely got one hell of a character, and I always thought that the guy who'd end up with her would need to have nerves of steel and have followed some kind of training to dodge projectile electric household appliances; but no - Kevin is actually a nice guy with a warm smile. The world is full of surprises.

No comments: