Thursday, August 24, 2006

A Post Made Of Nothing

The internet is being flooded with new content: news, videos, stories, music... How can I ever contribute something original to this massive flood of information, this monstruous tsunami of zeros and ones? A blog post would be comparable to a drop of water falling in a lake in the blogsphere. It would never make a difference on the internet.

After a desperate search for originality, an amazing idea hit me: Yes, I will write about nothing. If the internet has everything, I'll give it nothing. Some of my readers might be reassured to hear that for once, I'm sparing them some of my desperate pseudo-romantic short-lived love affairs or the beach-bum related news of Flic-En-Flac; but be prepared, because there's a lot I want to say about nothing.

Nothing, I believe, is my greatest talent. It is the common denominator of all my blog posts and the very foundation behind my ideas and motives. Even if I have no whatsoever affiliation with Freddy (also known as Friedrich Nietzsche), I sincerely recognise and applaud the Nihilist school of thought. Our existence has no particular purpose and goal. We are therefore the children of the Nothing.

There is no conclusion to this article, because it might become something if I add one. There will be no memory of it once I've posted it (doublethink is closely related to nothing, I believe) and hopefully, it will truly become something close to nothing the day Dumbie (also known as George Bush) accidentally presses the "Fire" button on the nuke control instead of the one on his XBox and blasts out Mountain View, effectively destroying Google and all related services such as Blogger.com where my blog is hosted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I told you that you had a philosophical nature.