Sunday, July 16, 2006

Original Love

I am young, yet I write with the dry passion of an old man with a wounded heart and a bruised soul. I have rarely seen things from the world, but I have never taken anything for granted - instead, I spent my time analyzing and figuring out the patterns of life.

Life is nothing but an equation of disasters and atrocities.

I remember when I was younger and naive: I seemed to have a never-ending supply of energy that I kept spending to correct what I saw as disturbances in the patterns of this world. During this time, I was also a true romantic. I could love with all my heart and soul, without any fears, without any doubt. But times change, and people change. I gradually stepped backwards into the shadows, with countless knives and daggers piercing my heart.

I do not claim to be wise. I do not claim to be right. However, at times, I wish I could get back my strength to defeat the present and conquer the future.

No comments: