Monday, March 20, 2006

Ai

It was bizzare - almost grotesque: the younger, inexperienced guy sitting on the beach with the calm and mature lady. His eyes wouldn't leave her, and his heart was pounding so hard that he was growing hotter and hotter. On the other side, the beautiful lady was slowly puffing on her cigarette, her 29 years of experience barely showing up on her glowing skin. The sun was about to set, and the silence between them was getting too loud.

- "Why is it that your hair's so beautiful?"

There was no doubt about it - it was something pretty lame to say. Not that he didn't know that it was lame, but he felt that the "timid guy" label that had been stuck on him was the reason for the silence. He loved the silence - he loved sitting there quietly with her - but somehow, he felt that if he didn't say anything, it would mean that there was something wrong with him.

- "You ask stupid questions sometimes."
- "Well, you know, I was just wondering why. If we could find out why it's like that, maybe..."
- "Rowan, I'll understand if you're asking what shampoo I use, or where I got my haircut, but that's something plainly stupid for me."

There was no doubt about it - he should have stayed quiet. The sun was finally going down, bleeding clouds of red and yellow. His eyes were fixed on the sea - he was pretending to be interested in the small waves rising and falling too quickly. He was acting as if what had just happened didn't affect him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ki ggt sa rowan!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This entry has potential to go further, perhaps as a story, if you wanted it to. I'm almost in the mood myself to put out another story on my blog, but we'll see how well it ends up going. By the way, I'm terribly sorry to hear about what happened between Kaleal and you.

Think of it this way, Rowan: although you both aren't together anymore, it was good while it lasted and you still have yourself. It would be far worse to not have yourself than it is to feel a little hurt but still say, "I'm still Rowan. This is me."

Besides, experience only helps us learns and adds to the intensity of future efforts and relationships. You might find that things will be better, thanks to a little bit of result from this event. Things will be fine, you have people who are about you and are willing to listen.

I am, at least.