Thursday, April 20, 2006

Vertigo

I stared at the ground, and then at the man, and back at the ground again.

- "Whoa! You're really going to jump?"
- "Yes!" he replied, with a wide smile.
- "Money problems?" I inquired.
- "No"
- "Wife? Children? Work?"
- "No, No, No!"

I paused for a moment and started to think about the various reasons why somebody would ever decide to terminate his life. I was half-scared he would jump before admitting the reason - leaving me with an unsolved mystery.

- "I know. You've got a fatal disease, and you're planning to kill yourself before the disease takes you!" I said triumphantly.
- "No, I'm in excellent health."

It was weird. The man looked happy. Maybe he was on drugs.

- "You're not on ecstasy, are you?"
- "Nope."
- "Then why do you want to kill yourself?"
- "Because I'm at the peak of happiness!"
- "What?"
- "Because I am so happy that I don't want to go back and face sadness ever again."

It was not so stupid after all. I bid him a very merry goodbye, and took the road opposite to where he should have fallen. Somehow, a happy corpse sounded creepy to me.

5 comments:

sunflower avi said...

Creepy post from an even creepier bastard.

Anonymous said...

Sa wa! Sa beber! "Dialog" (ti paret cuma en dialog cumansma ziska li vine ~bizar) payer lacaise!

Anonymous said...

wat the fuckin' hell is ths??! I think he's really a big jerk 4 postin' ths kind of articles! This sucks...

T|rajan said...

Allo rowan!
ki sa ban posts la sa hein?
Lol!
tone ressi fer moi rier ene coup! lol!
Mo maurice!
Prend contakt ek moi!
Bisin cose ene zaffer bien important ek toi!
Business :p
lol...

Anonymous said...

Just saw the comments. No wonder u haven't posted anything for nearly a month! Special people are rarely understood by mere mortals. You should keep that in mind. You make sense to some;should be enough.
From experience, I know that blogging gets a bit tedious after a while. Therapeutic experience but once you've expunged it all from your soul, nothing's kinda left to write. Anyway, I hope that you are alright.
Never give up on hope and love:)

The One N Only,
H...