Monday, November 14, 2005

The Virtuality of My Life

I am tired of the virtual world.

The virtual world - this place that theoretically exists in between two nodes of the network, an illusion of the protocols; a dream of IpV4 and IpV6; services and requests; ports and sockets - they simply make me sick.

Cyberspace as it is, is not something bad. It's just the fact that people can actually entertain relationships through those networks and be satisfied with them that makes me mad. This abstract world should exist only as an extension of the real world. Virtuality cannot replace reality. One day or the other, people will want more.

Let's just face it. Virtuality sucks. I wish there were some kind of standard protocol to make virtuality become real. A component, or dll, or COM+ object I could just integrate into my own code, and call the MakeReal() method...

No comments: