Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Recipe for Happiness in Flic-En-Flac

My butt comfortably settled into the sand, I watched voluptuous smoke puffs drift away into nothingness. What do people need to be happy? I stared at my friend gulping down wine. He looked perfectly happy; he might have been happier with a few more bucks in his pocket, but he was definitely happier than I was.

Was I too ambitious? Was it that hard to want not to be lonely any more?

I loathe all forms of virtual interaction. I hate the cyberworld, this place where people hang around, faking impersonations of their own selves. Above all else, I hate those people who just come round, pretending to be friends with you, but who wouldn't spend even half a day with you in the real world. I have nowhere to go now, and I'm left with only the real world, this vast unknown place full of constantly connected people.

Friends are people you spend time with. Spend time with your friends in the real world. After all, the amount of time you spend with someone shows how important that person is to you.

No comments: